Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Train Disaster

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have already heard about my awful train experience yesterday. I was up in DC for the weekend...for my dad's surprise 50th birthday party!! It was AMAZING. He didn't know I was coming & I don't think I've ever seen him so surprised before. It was a blast & the food was delicious. My sister & mom did a great job getting everything together and when I saw my dad tear up a little when he saw me, I instantly started bawling. It was a great surprise & I'm so glad I could be there for it.

However, on the train ride home, we had a little incident. About a minute away from my station, the train suddenly stops. The power flickers on and off for awhile and we then learn that the train broke down LITERALLY less than a mile from our stop & that we had to wait for them to fix it. THIS TOOK THREE HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES. Do you know how frustrating it is to be THAT close to where you're supposed to be & know you can't be there?? We were supposed to get in at 9:30...I GOT HOME AT 1:00 AM BECAUSE OF THIS. I'm sorry to shout...but I'm still sooo upset with Amtrak!! It's not that the train broke down (an emergency brake fell off or something like that), it was the fact that they screwed us over THAT close to home after a 6.5 hour trip. Then they completely left us in the dark & didn't tell us what was going on until almost an hour and a half in!! PLUS, there was NO air in the train & it was hot as anything. I felt sick as could be & another passenger actually threw up in the end (no telling if it was because of the heat...but I know I thought I was going to vomit at one point). It was just awful. A total nightmare.

In good news...NC STATE IS HEADED TO THE BELK BOWL!! Which means...I GET TO GO!! Tickets are purchased & hotel room is booked!! It's in Charlotte, so I'm super excited to visit the Queen City since I grew up there. And I know it's gonna be a total blast. GO WOLFPACK!!

I gotta get to bed...but just wanted to update everyone real quick. Sorry the updates are slack lately. Holiday season in the retail business just takes over!!

xoxo

No comments: