Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tornado News

I don't know if ya'll have been watching the news on the tornadoes that hit North Carolina yesterday, but it's pretty devastating. One of them touched ground less than a mile from my house & had I not been at work, I could have been in some serious danger. I have friends with power still out & being told it won't be back on for days. I have friends whose families lost homes & cars. It's all very upsetting & I'm just thankful that nobody I knew was hurt.

I don't really have much else on my mind right now. The past few days have been spent with worry & many texts and phone calls to make sure everything was okay. The stories I've heard are tragic and everyone is just still in such shock.

I just wanted to post a quick update to say that I am okay...and hope that ya'll will keep my friends and their families in your prayers. Some of them have lost everything and are just in such a state of shock still...it'll be days/weeks before everything sinks in. The damage around here is absolutely awful & we're just all hoping that everything gets back up and running in time.

Thank you for reading.
xoxo

3 comments:

Jassi said...

Oh jeez, I hope everything gets better for you guys as soon as possible.

Y'all are in my thoughts

-Jassi

Marjolein said...

Good to hear you are OK.
I hope everything will turn out Ok for yuor freinds and family.

Vegan Chick Pea said...

Very glad to hear you're okay!! I'll send positive thoughts your way.