Friday, April 1, 2011

C25K - Day 1

So...this did not go as well as I had hoped.

I started out around the lake and after the warm up, was able to do the first three intervals of running. That's when it got hard. I tried really hard to push myself, but my legs just would not let me. So I allowed myself to walk. I walked about 3 miles in an hour and have to admit that I'm proud of it.

I didn't choose the easiest trail. Lake Johnson has quite a few hills and is not an easy trail to just go for a jog on. I'm proud that I at least tried and did at least some of it. I will definitely try again and again until I get it. I just have to allow my lungs to adapt and my legs to know what running feels like. But I'm on my way to becoming a runner!!

I've decided to let this take as much time as it needs to happen. I'm in no rush to become a runner...plus, I'm still carrying a lot of weight on my body, which as ya'll know can make it really difficult.

I do have to say that I kept thinking of my blogging family as I was jogging though. Thinking about how if ya'll can do it, then I can do it too!! It was some great motivation & I know one day when I am able to run the full 3 miles, I'll be thankful that I had ya'lls support the whole way :-)

xoxo

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Try slowing down. I had a really hard time w/ it as first because I was going too fast. Now I know my comfortable gait is actually a slow jog to most people. You can do it!

Cutiebugg92 said...

I have to agree with Leanne when I use the treadmill I bump it to about 5.5 just enough for a slow jog during my "running" intervals

Raegun said...

Start slow! When I first started C25K I was doing 4.0 for my 'running' and 2.8 for my walks. You can work on speed with time.