Monday, November 29, 2010

One More Week

So, I know I've really been slacking on posting. I'm working on it...just dealing with a lot right now. I had a breakdown last Monday and realized that school just isn't working for me anymore. The level of stress that I constantly feel isn't normal at any point in time, let alone 24/7.

As of right now, I'm going to finish out this semester (only one more week of classes) and then see where I'm at with grades. I know some of them are going to be bad. Not because I didn't try, but because something really just isn't working anymore with my brain. Honestly...I'm depressed and I need to get help. So after this semester is over, we're going to go from there. Probably go to part-time next semester or even take the time off to focus on working and getting the help I need. After that, I'll come back in the fall and finish out what I started. Graduate by December.

It feels like it's taking forever...but at this point, it's not about when I graduate...it's just about being sure that I DO graduate. And hopefully I will be able to accomplish that goal.

Of course, this has all messed around with my weight loss like crazy. I just can't focus on anything right now, but am forcing myself to with school and work. Hopefully, after this week, I can get things together enough to refocus myself on exercise and eating right...although, I have to admit, the stress makes it so I'm not super hungry all the time now.

I gotta go get ready to finish this day out...it's going to be a rough one. I can feel it already.

xoxo

4 comments:

Joy said...

I am praying for you and I'm asking for peace, strength, hope and restoration for this day!

You can finish this strong. You can do it!!!

Keep focused!!

Katie Warren said...

Lyndsey, you can do this. If I can make one suggestion, I would URGE YOU STRONGLY to take at least one class next semester. I know it all seems overwhelming, but try to keep at least one class. Once you take time off it is the hardest thing to go back. I was going to take one semester off after my freshman year and it turned into three years of wasted time. My friend Andrea got to her senior year and had only 4 classes left to take and decided to "take a break" and she still hasn't finished 4 years later. It is MUCH harder to go back than you think.

I hope all works out for you!

<3 Katie

Raegun said...

Take care of yourself, Lyndsey. It probably feels difficult just getting through the day-to-day right now, I have to agree with Katie...please consider keeping one class. It will make it easier for you to stay engaged. Please pop by my blog to read my last post. It might help you out today.
Rae
xo

Unknown said...

I found your blog through kenz holiday swap. Came across this post and wanted to let you know how sorry I feel for how overwhelmed you must be. I think you have to do whatever is right for you, but Katie makes a good point. I had the same problem regarding school; I swore that I would take a summer, gain some experience and then go back for my masters...never did it. Life always has a way of taking over and finding other things to occupy your time with. Top priority is you, though. You'll do whatever is right for you.