Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rain Check on the Weigh-In

So, I know I said I was going to stop doing this, but I'm totally not recording the weigh-in this week. I have a group project due this morning at 9:35 and we didn't get done with it until about 3:00 am. Now, whenever this happens, I don't get ANY sleep because I'm so worried something is going to go wrong with the project or Kinko's printing it all out (which I actually need to go pick up in about an hour so we have it on time). It's just all too much on my mind for me to fall asleep...so I toss & turn most of the night barely asleep, waking up every 45 minutes to an hour.

Therefore, I am BLOATED because I am retaining all this water weight. I always get really sick when stuff like this goes on too. Just for the day--I'll probably even be fine by tonight. But right now, all I want to do is throw up. I definitely don't have stage fright, so no fear of public speaking (I was on the debate team in high school and competed most every weekend in Original Oratory). I just get so anxious about everything & want to make sure I do well that I panic and get sick. It's a never ending cycle which just gets worse as more and more stress from the semester starts to pile on.

I know I'm supposed to be talking about my weigh-in and how I'm missing it, but I gotta admit...it feels good to get all my feelings about this project out. It's not even being counted as a project--it's listed in the syllabus as a class participation grade. Which just really makes me mad!! You wanna do good, but at the same time, she makes it seem like it's not even that important. Ridiculous.

Well, I need to get ready and go to Kinko's before class. Hope everyone is having a better start to the day than I am. I might weigh in tomorrow based on how I feel...but we'll see.

xoxo

4 comments:

Katie Warren said...

Good luck with the project! Hope you feel better =) I get sick too when I have something big the next day!

toosexy4thisfat said...

LOL. I was on the speech and debate team in high school, too (many, many moons ago). Original oratory and debate were my events, as well. Go figure! Anyway, I totally understand why you are skipping your weigh-in. I work nights and often stuff gets in the way of my sleep. I have found that if I don't have at least 6-7 hours in, my weight will go up no matter what the scales say. Hope you get to catch some zzz's real soon.

toosexy4thisfat said...

Okay--can you tell I've been up working all night?? I meant to say that without sleep, my weight will go up no matter how good I've been that day. Sheesh! Off to bed with me. Have a great day!

divad said...

Oh, I don't miss that stress!!!!