Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Working Out

Guys...I gotta be honest with myself. For some reason, the working out thing just isn't happening as well as it should be. I used to LOVE going to the gym and I don't know if the problem is I don't like it as much or what, but I need something to get me started.

What was the first workouts you started when you decided to lose the weight?? I know that I have no problem once at the gym, but it's motivating myself to get up and go that's a problem right now. Plus, I'm just not having fun with my workouts. Any ideas on how to change this??

PLEASE HELP!! I'm starting to lose confidence in this whole process just because of my working out troubles (yes...I have been working out everyday, but it really just isn't working properly).

xoxo

UPDATE: I think I'm going to take a week off from weighing in. I'm under some stress right now & I think knowing the number (whether it be a loss or gain) is just going to make it worse for me since I tend to obsess about it at times. So I'm going to still work hard this week (as hard as I can, that is) but skip weighing in until next Wednesday.


5 comments:

Plump Nonfiction said...

When I started to exercise, I just made myself go for 10 minutes. If I wanted to stop, I stopped. If I wanted to keep going which 9 out of 10 times I did, I kept going. I've learned the best thing to do with exercise is not to rush liking it. I couldn't imagine not running almost everyday now, but when I started I had trouble getting through 10-15 minutes. There are days when I absolutely don't want to do it still but I follow my 10 minute rule. And let me tell you, I usually still go for 30-40 minutes on a bad day.

Ann Summerville said...

Do you have someone to go with? My daughter and I used to work out all the time and the days I didn't want to go, she pushed me (and vice versa).
Ann
Less of Me

Mrs. O said...

Girl, I can identify with this. I used to feel this way, too. What you really have to keep in mind as you are getting started is how good it will feel to be in a gym routine. Now, I am to the point where the exercise is a habit and I never thought I would be at that point.
When I first started, I would do the eliptical for maybe 20 minutes and walk for 10.. I felt like any less time than 30 minutes was a wasted trip. As you feel more confident and strong, add time and variety to your routine (also important to intersperse light weights in there to tone arms, back, etc.)

Carla said...

I hear ya on working on. When I did go to the gym, I started with a few minutes at a time and added to it each time. From 5 minutes to an hour on an elliptical machine was a huge accomplishment for me but now I'd need to start all over.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. I use to blog a LONG time ago but am starting up a new blog. I hope you'll stop by. :)

-Carla at asthescaleturns.com

Anonymous said...

I started working out last month. I SWIM! I love it! It was a big step for me to be in a bathing suit in public. I will never let fear of being too fat stop me from swimming ever again. I bought a swimdress instead of a regular bathing suit so it really hides my hanging belly.